Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

Fitting Room Reviews: Scattered Wing Romper, Blue Jay Chemise, Tochon Embossed Ponte Dress, Minutiae Dropwaist Dress

Well, I've been making the Anthro rounds, so here's a crop of fitting room reviews for you.  Enjoy! 


Fitting RoomFitting Room

Scattered Wing Romper, Leifsdottir, size 2, $168
Omigosh, I LOVED this piece.  I typically don't like rompers because of the drop waist, but I think this one is helping me come around.  The pattern is fantastic with the birds flying across the purple backdrop.  When I saw it on the hanger, it reminded me a bit of a kimono, which appealed to the Japanophile in me.  It has some great details in the collar with the snap across the neck and the deep V.  It fits TTS.  The only downside for me is that this romper is made of polyester.  I mean, really?  This is a Leifsdottir piece Anthro!  Isn't that supposed to be the high end label?  I would have rather seen this in a silk.  Nonetheless, I'm totally stalking this for sale and if it happens to hit second cuts, then it is definitely mine! 

Fitting RoomFitting Room

Blue Jay Chemise, Aiko, size XS, $158
I've been looking for a jersey striped dress, so when I saw this on my hanger while making my Anthro rounds, it made it into my try-on pile.  I was skeptical about the length and the extreme lightness of the material, particularly because it was located in the sleep and lounge section.  I was pleasantly surprised!  The asymmetrical hem is on trend and provides some great interest to the piece.  The fit is great -- form fitting without clinging and TTS.  I like the thicker straps and the comfy jersey.  On the downside, this is a tremendously expensive chemise.  $168?!  For something to sleep in!? And it's practically made of a wisp of a piece of cloth!  I'm hoping this goes on extreme sale because I want it in my closet, but I can't bring myself to spend almost two hundred on it. 


Fitting RoomFitting Room
Torchon Embossed Ponte Dress, Deletta, size XS, $128
This was such a cute staple dress.  We've seen this in several incarnations in the last year or so, and it's no surprise that it's such a big hit.  It has a great fitted bodice and a fantastic flare to the skirt.  I love the texture because it adds interest to the piece.  You could layer up the wazoo with this dress!  Similar to other Deletta fit, I think it fits TTS. 


Fitting RoomFitting Room

Minutiae Dropwaist Dress, Meadow Rue, size 2, on sale $69.95
I try this dress on and it goes on sale the next week! As I mentioned before, I'm wary of a dropwaist, but this one was a surprise as well!  I think it's because the skirt is pretty short, which provides the illusion of long legs.  The orange polka dots on the gray backdrop are super fun.  I think this fits TTS as well.  The only thing (again!) is that it's made of polyester.  I do not go to a high end store to get non-natural fabrics Anthro.  That's what Forever 21 is for.  If you want to go for it, it does have some great detailing and is a fun little dress.

Any of these catch your eye in store?  Have opinions?  Other items you want to see?  Share in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment