Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

Days 27-28: Grasping at Straws

I remember this happened the last time I did 30 for 30.  I spend the last 5 or so days scraping for outfit ideas.  Of course, that's where the real creativity comes in (but.it's.so.HARD!).  Like, for example, Kendi turning a scarf into a cardigan in this post.  It took everything I had not to just straight up copy.  Well, actually, I do intend on straight up copying her outfit.  But not now.  It's too soon -- I'll just wait the appropriate amount of time for something to go out of fashion and back in fashion.  That's about 30 days right?

Anyway, I decided to go for a headband with this outfit.  Kinda preppy, but with a splash of polka dotted yellow fun.  So, here's me playing some awkward air guitar and proving to my mom that I do not, in fact, ever brush my hair. 

IMGP4614 
Outfit Details
Top: Anthropologie Paisley Swoop Tee
Cardigan: Anthropologie Clinging Blossoms Cardigan
Bottoms: Gap 1969 Skinny Jeans
Shoes: Anthropologie Diamond Stitch Skimmers
Headband: Goody
Scarf "Belt": Charlotte Russe
IMGP4613
IMGP4615
IMGP4622


And on day 28, a new way of wearing a scarf!  It's basically the same knot as when you 1) Fold the scarf in half and 2) pull the ends through the loop created.  Except this time, I only pull one end through the loop and then just do a loose tie with the two ends.  When I wear a scarf like this, it feels like I'm wearing a cravat.  Is that a thing?  The ones that our founding fathers wore that made their necks look poofy?

Day 28: Artfully Faded 
Outfit Details
Top: J Crew Starburst Tank
Cardigan: Anthropologie Dwarf Quince Cardigan
Skirt: J Crew
Shoes: Anthropologie Diamond Stitch Skimmers
Scarf: Swapped
Belt: Urban Outfitters

Day 28: Artfully Faded
Day 28: Artfully Faded
Day 28: Artfully Faded 

A few more fun things.  I'm totally going to the eye doctor today (whoo!) and I have a veryextraspecialpost coming up about when I met What I Wore's Jessica Quirk (squee!).  It was super exciting and I had to trek up to San Francisco yesterday to do it, but it was totally worth it.  
Stay tuned!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment