Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

FItting Room Reviews: Verdant Slip, Cirque A-Line, Collecting Dots

It’s Fitting Room Review time, and I’ve got a nice assortment of dresses for your viewing pleasure. Let’s begin!

Fitting Room Reviews
Fitting Room Reviews

Verdant Slip Dress, size 4, $138, Moulinette Seours
I can certainly see why the blogging community is going nuts over this dress, and its in a new colorway to boot! The material is nice and silky and the length is right at the knee for the small and petite. Taller ladies may find a bit more trouble with the length. I can see this integrated with so many outfits – red peep toes, a blazer and black pumps, flats and a scarf. So versatile! Definitely stalking this one for sale.

Fitting Room Reviews
Fitting Room Reviews
Fitting Room Reviews
Fitting Room Reviews

Cirque A-Line, sz 4, $148, Porridge
This is an elephanty version of the Sing Sweetly Party dress. I usually shy away from sleeveless numbers (mostly because I’m self conscious about my arms), but the neckline and fun print called for me to give it a go. It’s definitely well constructed – the collar is a neat twist of a sweetheart neckline and the skirt flares at just the right place. I love the yellow sash and the print gives just the right amount of whimsy. My only issue is that right in the middle of the top, is a seam that, with all the elephants, looks disjointed. I’m not sure if you can see it in the picture, but it really irked me in the fitting room. If you’re interested, make sure to examine all the ones in your size to get the best alignment. Overall, super cute, but I don’t absolutely have to have it, so I will be passing.

Fitting Room Reviews
Fitting Room Reviews
Collecting Dots Dress, sz XS, $198, Addison Story
This dress has been getting mixed reviews, but I quite like it. The material is soft and flowy and the red dots? So amazing! The top part of the dress floats more away from the body. While it’s sleeveless, the shoulders that fall over the shoulders a little bit. The skirt is a basic A-line. While it’s super cute, the price is waaaaay too much for my blood. Almost two hundred Anthro? Really? I think that wearing this will generally require a belt and if I have to supplement my own accessories to make something look good, I don’t want to pay that much for it. Maybe if it hits 2nd cuts.

That's it?  What do you think?  Is Anthro getting back on the pretty, whimsical track it was so good at last year?  I'm seeing a good ramp up, so I'm excited to see what we get in the upcoming months.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment