Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

Fitting Room Reviews: Feels like Fall

Well, the best season (in my opinion) is here and the stores are really stocking up on cozy transitional pieces -- I'm super excited!  I've been trying on stuff left and right, so let's get started, shall we?

Fitting Room
Fitting Room 

Forested Blazer, Madchen, sz S, $268

When I saw this blazer on the site, I fell head over heels in love with it.  I pretty much love anything green and this forest-y shade would just match everything.  The lavender and white accents are just such a great touch as well.  So of course, I made a beeline to my local store and as soon as it was made available, tried it on.  Well, it was pretty much the woolly, structured piece that I imagined.  Except.  Oh the sleeves.  Blazers, like jeans, are hard for me when it comes to the part that covers my appendages.  (No, not THAT kind).  The arms on this blazer were just too long and also squeezed my upper arms something fierce.  Sizing up just results in longer arms and, as its already on the longer side to begin with, it starts to overwhelm my frame.  So sad.  For you longer, leaner ladies, you can certainly wait for first cut, but this is a beautiful blazer if you're interested!  Fits TTS except for the arm issues I noted.

Fitting Room Reviews
Fitting Room Reviews 

Dots Within Blouse, Sariah Carson, sz 4, $118

Lets continue with the green trend, shall we?  This silky number touches all my fashion buttons.  The polka dots, the silk, the tie neck!  Nice, long sleeves for colder times and it's just perfect for layering.  The fit is TTS and I will be stalking this hard core for sale time because its just so darn cute and I can see myself wearing it forever.

Fitting Room
Fitting Room 

Brushed Lace Pullover, Eloise, sz S, $68

I normally don't like blush colored things, but i have to say, this top is pretty cute.  It feels soft and is a nice neutral color that would be perfect for layering.  I pretty much love everything at the 3/4 sleeve length -- even if a shirt or sweater is long sleeved, I tend to pull them up.  This fits pretty TTS if you want something form fitting but not too tight. The only downside is that I immediately knew the fibers weren't natural the minute I picked it up.  Sure enough, it's made of nylon.  Fortunately, the price reflects this, so if you're looking for a well fitting top that will work transitioning into fall, this is a great bet, even at full price.  Wishlisted possibly for sale time.

Fitting Room
Fitting Room 

Felted Colorbar Cardigan, Charlie & Robin, sz XS, $88.50

It's weird.  The color blocked areas on this cardigan really look like felt, which brings me back to the days of grade school when I tried to make Barbie clothes out of those thick pieces.  So first thought was to dismiss this piece. Then, the mustard with the grey pulled me back  in enough to try it on.  It turns out, I really like it! The fit is form fitting but not tight and, if you know anything about me from reading this blog, it's that I LOVE the color mustard.  This combined with the dark grey really reminds me of fall and I think I can match it with so many things in my closet.  It fits pretty TTS, and is a pretty great price for Anthro, especially considering the 25% off sweater promotion they're currently having.  Definitely check it out if you're interested! 

What do you think of Anthro's offerings so far?  Have your eye on anything?  Share in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: