Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

OOTD: Vanilla Bean Green

So I'm totally blogging this on my way home from the train and I feel like some sort of hipster techie.  It's just too good -- this train line has 4G internet throughout the entire railway system and it's so much faster than I could have ever imagined.  The company I work through also has a deal with this particular public transport company so that we get to ride for free as one of its Go Green initiatives, so it's a win^4.  How so?
  1. I get some serious road rage when I'm commuting to work by car.  I cannot STAND traffic and i find long commutes by car to be a waste of time because there's not very many options when making that time valuable.  Since we moved, I went from a 8 minute to 40 minute commute and the last thing I want to do is spend 80 minutes of my day driving.  Now I get to do whatever surfing/e-mailing/blogging/reading/sleeping done on my ride home -- options for the win! 
  2. Uh, free train rides to/from work = less money spent on gas!  Oh yes, oh yes. 
  3. Since there's internet on the train, I pretty much get all the personal computing stuff I need to get done by the time I get home/to work.  That means more time to do other stuff when I get home while I still have the momentum.
  4. Burning more calories walking to/from train stations and helping reduce my carbon footprint means I can contribute to the greater good too.
Anyway, here's my outfit:

OOTD: Vanilla Bean Green 
Outfit Details
Top: Anthropologie Vanilla Bean Blouse
Skirt: Anthropologie Abstract Greenery Skirt
Shoes: Anthropologie Friday at Five Heels
Belt: Anthropologie
Sunglasses: Maui Jim

OOTD: Vanilla Bean GreenOOTD: Vanilla Bean GreenOOTD: Vanilla Bean Green 

All these pieces are ones that I've had for a while, but I've never mixed them like this!  It's fun to find new ways to shake up your closet, no?  Bear with me as I play with spots in my new home to take pictures -- time to experiment with the light again.  Hope you all are having a wonderful morning! 

And for some remixes of the skirt: 



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit on you. Great colors and patterns! Good for you for taking the train:) I always feel like public transportation seems more inconvenient than it is. It's actually quite nice once you get a routine down. How cool that they provide internet service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. diggin' the remix of the green skirt. my favorite is the one with the ruffley polka dot blouse. might be one of my favs ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristin - I agree, it gets much better once you know you have to leave at a certain time. Doesn't hurt that a train comes every 15 min during peak times either ;).

    @Liezl - Cool! I like this a lot and it was an impromptu one.

    ReplyDelete