Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

Day 6: Along the Shore

It's always sad when you return home from vacation.  There's this sense of loss -- the days of fun are over and now it's time to transition back to the routine of day to day life.  My reaction to the return to normal life vary depending on my mood.  Sometimes, I'm fully relaxed and ready to get back into the swing, and sometimes I dread going back to work.  After a fantastic weekend of snowboarding, fun and friends, this time I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow.  Ah, but such is life.  Besides, I've gotta pay the bills, right?

Before checking out of our cabin this morning, we stopped along the side of Lake Tahoe and took some pretty fantastic pictures.  The great thing about this area is you have a large lake surrounded by mountains and, in the winter, they're typically snow capped.  Round the landscape out with pine trees and blue sky and you've got the perfect environment on your hands.  But more on that on a "What Does This Button Do?!" post later this week.

Today's outfit of the day is, like yesterday's, more laid back and comfortable.  You'll also notice that I only brought one scarf, so it has made an appearance every day for the last few days:


Outfit Details:
Shirt: J Crew Buffalo Boy Check Shirt
Jeans: J Crew Toothpick Ankle Jeans in Smoke
Boots: Anthropologie Miss Albright Pebbled and Primped Boots
Scarf: Old Navy
Sunglasses: Oakley Breathless







It was windy.

Isn't the lake pretty?  I highly recommend making a visit if you're ever in Northern California.  It's a nice place to get all rugged and sportsy, both in summer and winter.

The road trip home was great.  We stopped at Logan's Steakhouse -- best bread ever -- which I've only seen in Bloomington, IL.  We also made a stop at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Let me tell you, my party and I were so excited because it was a staple when we were all in the Midwest, but the closest one to where we live now is over an hour away.  Spicy Garlic Wings? <3!

I'm super beat now, so I think it's off to bed soon.  I had such a great time, but back to the grind.

Thanks for stopping by, see ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Love the shirt and where was my vacay invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! The scenery looks beautiful! Oh, and I'm liking the shirt & boots also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can come next time Ramsey! Do you snowboard/ski? ;).

    Thanks Abby. It was seriously the perfect setting. The gingham shirt is pretty comfy for a car ride home too.

    ReplyDelete