Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

San Diego: Part 2

Day 2 was a little less eventful.  As it was Mother's Day, the BF wanted to meet his LA living parents halfway between LA and San Diego for breakfast/brunch.  As I love a good brunch, I was more than happy to oblige.  Nothing like delicious omelets and waffles on vacation.  You'll notice that I'm still ridiculously optimistic about the weather -- my dreams of warm beachy weather were still far from shot:

Outfit Details
Top: Anthropologie
Tank: J Crew
Pants: AG Stevie Crops
Shoes: Steve Madden P-Oxfords
Hat: Old Navy
San Diego
San Diego


After we came back from brunch, it was time for a stop at Fashion Valley.  And where else did I stop by, but our good, friendly Anthropologie.  And you know what that means -- more fitting room reviews!  But let's not get distracted...afterwards, we went to the Westfield in the Gaslamp district and the Panda Inn.  Did you know that Panda Inn is the delicious upscale version of Panda Express?  Pan fried noodles and Lemon Chicken are fantastically delicious.  No pictures, but take my word for it :P.  

We watched the Bulls game afterwards, so I'll just move on to the next day.  Before we started on the trip home, we went (finally!) on a stop to the beach.  Even thought it was too cold to get in the water, I did manage to get some pictures.  The weather was generally dismal and gloomy, but honestly, I love the grayness once in a while.  And it sure makes for some good pictures! 

Outfit Details
Top: J Crew
Cardigan: Anthropologie Whirl & Wind Cardigan
Shorts: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden P-Oxfords
Hat: Old Navy
Jacket: J Crew Factory Boyfriend Jacket

San Diego

San Diego

San Diego


And that wrapped up San Diego and started our trip home.  In LA, we managed to pick up two things that we really were hoping to get.  As I mentioned Chicago restaurant entrepreneurs retiring in Southern California, the Portillos folks are another set that seemed to settle out there.  And the BF just LOVES Portillos, so of course we had to stop in Buena Park.   See how happy he is? 


And finally, we had to stop by Portos Bakery for some delicious cheese rolls.  I mean seriously, these things are heaven in a pastry.  I can honestly say I was looking for some hole in the wall bakery -- so imagine my surprise when I found this establishment a true class act.  It had two walls of glass windows, coffee shop type seating and -- wait for it -- valet parking!! I mean -- what?! So we ordered a dozen cheese rolls, a couple of almond croissants and a few guava pastries.  I highly recommend you check it out if you're in the LA neighborhood. 

Well -- that wraps up my San Diego trip.  I had a fantastic time!  What do you like to do on impromptu vacations?  I'm pretty pleased with our choice.  
Thanks for stopping by, see ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Love those shots of you on the beach. It looks and sounds like a great little vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty awesome. Now only if the weather actually cooperated enough to go swimming!

    ReplyDelete