Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

Copycat/OOTD: Blurred Vistas


Inspiration comes from everywhere.  It can be an opportune color inspiration as you're going about your business, art, pictures in magazines, the weather, your feelings at the moment -- anything.  Many of my inspirations come from catalogs and blogs.  So, the goal of this feature is to take pictures and translate them into inspiration for outfits.  The above picture comes from the current Anthropologie set on their website.  This is obviously a summer outfit, and is geared for roadtrip-like outings.  Here's my winter interpretation:
Outfit Details
Shirt: Anthropologie Billiard Halls Henley
Cardigan: Anthropologie High Speed Cardigan
Skirt: Anthropologie Spitalfields Skirt
Necklace: Anthropologie 
Belt: JCrew skinny belt
Tights: Spanx Tight End Tights
Boots: b.o.c. Born Martina Boot (available here)
Jacket: TJ Maxx
Scarf: Kimchi & Blue



The shorts are now a skirt with tights and boots and the sweater is now a cardigan.  It's a little literal, I know, but I love the color combination and the outfit just happened to be in my closet! 

The green jacket has been in my regular rotation for years -- I don't know, like 6 or 7?  It's the best jacket EVER.  I love a good kelly green and I can't say I've seen anyone wear anything like it.  It's the exact right length to show the bottom of my skirts.  I can't recommend a bold colored trench enough, readers.  It's a great pick me up, especially with a gloomy day like this. 

Don't forget to check out the contests at 'bonjour, it's jinah!' and 'In Pursuit of Pretty Things'!  The scarf is soooo cute and appropriate for the winter weather and who doesn't love shoes?

Hope you enjoyed this feature!  Thanks for stopping by, see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment