Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

OOTD: Pen Tips and Lane Changes

This was not I woke up this morning planning to wear.  Now, just to be clear, I am not one of such an organized nature that I lay my clothes out to wear the next morning.  Nor do I try on outfits beforehand to be sure that they "go".  What I do is take inspiration from the books, magazines and blogs that I read as well as people that I see, and think about how I could do similar outfits with the clothing in my closet.  Then I get up in the morning, and whatever was frontloaded into my head when I went to sleep is what I try to wear.

Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.  Today, I was planning to wear a red country dress and a denim blazer.  Sounds foolproof, right?  Well, it didn't work for me today. But that's ok.  I like the outfit I ended up with. 
 
 Outfit Details:
Jacket: Forever 21
Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Anthropologie Lane Change Skirt
Tights: Gap
Necklace & Ring: Therapy Boutique
Belt: JCrew Skinny Belt


I bought this necklace the other day.  It's an old pen tip, and I love the idea of repurposing something not in use for something else.  The Anthro Lane Change skirt is really fantastic.  It has an exposed zipper, and I really feel like it was something I could make myself if it wasn't for the drawstring-like pockets, and it wrinkles easily -- but I'm so attached to the colors and the cuts I don't care.  The browns really came together today!

Well, that's enough of my chatter for this post.  Anthropologie just put up some new outfit sets,  so I'll be posting my inspirations soon!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thess! I know I can ask you these things when you get home, but doing it here is more fun! Can you include close up pics of the jewelry? I'm really curious about your pen tip necklace.

    ReplyDelete