Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

OOTD: Your Slip Is Showing

Happy New Years to you and yours!  Welcome to 2011, where everything is possible.  Fresh starts are amazing because the potential is so high -- and it's still possible to achieve  your aspirations and goals. A fresh start is a clean slate for mistakes, adventures and everything in between.

 Outfit Details:
Top: Anthropologie Cedar Chese Blouse
Slip: Anthropologie Vaughn Chemise (still available here)
Tights: American Apparel Opaque Tights (available here)
Shoes: Target Xhilaration Taki Mary Jane Pumps (available here)
Scarf: Acquired during a clothing swap
Necklace: Anthropologie Gilded Impatiens
Belt: Express



While I have many resolutions for this new year, the ones concerning this blog are to post (almost) every day, improve my & BF's photography skills and to keep stretching my comfort zone of outfits.  

This outfit was a last minute scramble for NYE, because I didn't plan ahead and I had "nothing to wear".  I've wanted to try layering a chemise or slip under normal clothing for a while, and when I came across the Cedar Plank Blouse in my closet, I knew this was my opportunity.  I quite like the result. 

Update: I've submitted this outfit to CLOTHED MUCH: Rule Breaking Monday because my undergarments are showing :P.  


Thanks for stopping by!  May 2011 be an epic year for you.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so I really really love your shoes! Especially with tights. And CUTIE slip for realz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so beautiful! It has such pretty details at the bottom!

    -Charlotte
    allesmode2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That slip is gorgeous! It's too pretty to be hidden. Maybe this will be the rule I break next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ramsey - I love the shoes too! I can't believe Target makes such cute ones at such great price points.

    @Charlotte: Thanks! It's actually a tunic-length blouse and a slip with lace trim underneath, not a dress. I'm glad you think it's beautiful though :).

    @Sarah: It's a fun rule to break, especially if you're going out dancing or for a cocktail. You should do it!

    ReplyDelete