Header

Header

Navigation

home nave link about me nav link style challenges nav link 30 for 30 outfits nav link contact nav link Image Map

Copycat/OOTD: Tutus and Ballet Shoes

 Outfit Details:
Shirt: Free People
Tank Top: Anthropologie Maryam Tank
Cardigan: Anthropologie Moth Delicate Winds Cardigan
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: B.P




Today's copycat is off of Kim from Anthroholic, who has taken to layering the Anthropologie Maryum Tank under some of her sweaters and shirts.  Check out one of the examples here.  Kim has a much more feminine and romantic style than I typically go for, so this was a fun look to wear. 

I loved the idea of this outfit -- it's a new take on layering and I felt like a ballerina.   Looking back on the pictures I'm a little on the fence in real life because of how much fabric is on my top half, so if I try this again, I'll probably wear heels.  But what kind of ballerina would I be if I didn't wear ballerina flats?  What do you think?

I think it's about time to have a Style Challenge.   This time I'm thinking a sweater over a dress!  Stay tuned for my take Thursday or Friday.  I would love suggestions, so feel free to hop on over to that page and make some :).

I am also planning on taking part in Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30 remix challenge.  I think my challenge is going to be less the remixing and more the inability to shop!  I may lift my shopping ban (buy only with money I sell or return) for the last couple of weeks of January to compensate, but I haven't decided yet.  I'm excited and will be back in the next week or so with my 30.

Thanks for stopping by, see ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Thats a super cute top. Love the tie details!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! This green top is something I've been keeping around for a while and don't wear very much. This outfit has convinced me to keep in in rotation :D.

    ReplyDelete